Sixth Form Life
The Sixth Form Centre has been extended and developed recently including upgraded IT facilities across the campus. You will enjoy the following exclusive spaces that all have wifi:
- The Café – The ‘Sixth Form Café’
- The SSA – The ‘Flex’
- The social/common room – The ‘Street’
- The group study area – The ‘Mez’
You will also benefit from:
- Use of the library throughout the school day
- Priority access to the school canteen with your own separate eating area
- Multi-faith prayer room availability throughout the day
- Art and DT specialist workspaces
- Specialist music facilities.
The Sixth Form team
To complement our teachers and subject specialists who go over and above to support you in your academic studies and physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, we have a dedicated Sixth Form team:
- Assistant Headteacher responsible for Sixth Form
- Head of Academic Studies and Head of Pastoral Care (Co-Heads of Years 12 & 13)
- Form Tutors, Associate Form Tutors, and Pastoral support
- EPQ Co-ordinator
- UCAS Co-ordinator
- Office Administrator
The sixth form team is led extremely well.
Keeping everyone informed
As a young person entering a new phase in their education life, we want you to succeed and we know how important it is to keep strong communication links between you and us, and between us and home. Here are some of the things you can expect:
- Access to Go4Schools, a portal providing the most up-to-date information on student attendance, punctuality, assessment results and progress (for use by students, staff and parents)
- Scheduled parents’ evenings with subject teacher feedback
- Pastoral review advising on mental health and physical wellbeing
- Exam timetables and arrangements
- UCAS information evening for parents (including predictions).
- Guided independent study schedule, by term
- Parent’s information evening (early in Y12)
- Support meetings, in the event progress of student is significantly broadly below expected progress
- Specific subject related support/information/communication.