The Sixth Form Curriculum at Claremont
Please click here for the entry criteria for the subjects we are offering for 2021-22.
Please click here for the option blocks for 2021-22. All students must choose options from 3 out of the 4 blocks and only one option per block.
We offer a broad curriculum of A-level and Level 3 vocational qualifications. Level 3 vocational qualifications are equivalent to A-levels in terms of UCAS points. Diplomas are equivalent to 2 A-levels and Extended Certificates are equivalent to 1 A-level.
Please click here our 6th form prospectus for 2021 which includes further details on all of the subjects we offer and an overview of our 6th form. Please note that, following the admissions' process, we will not be running French, German or Religious Studies in the academic year 2021-2022.
We only offer places to students that achieve an average GCSE score of more than 4.5 and meet the specific entry criteria for their chosen subjects. Students that score an average of above 7 can choose to start 6th form with 4 A-levels.
Below is the list of all the subjects that we will be offering in the academic year 2021-22. They are A-level courses unless stated otherwise.
- Applied Science (OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma)
- Art & Design
- Business (Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate or National Diploma)
- Computer Science
- English Literature
- Further Mathematics
- Health & Social Care (OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate)
- Information Technology (Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate)
- Product Design
- Students also have the opportunity to study for the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) from January in Year 12 (equivalent to an AS level)