CLAREMONT HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMY
Student Voice 2016 - 2017
In response to the feedback received from our whole school Student Voice questionnaire conducted in September 2016, a new group of Student Voice Prefects was elected (one per College in each Year Group between Years 7 and 11). Sixth Form Student Voice Prefects, led by the Head Girl, guide their efforts. This team replaces the School Council and is responsible for communicating the views of our students to the staff body so that we can improve our school.
Student Voice Prefects have been involved in a number of initiatives this year, including:
- an Anti-Litter Campaign. This has been launched to improve our school environment. Student Voice Prefects launched this campaign in Assemblies, as a result of which students across the school participated in an Anti-Litter Poster Competition. We are also in the process of fund-raising for new rubbish bins around the school;
- designing questions for prefect interviews;
- reviewing the Prefect Contract and the Prefect Handbook;
- anew timetable of our 48 extra-curricular activities, which has been created and publicised on the school website and in Clarionette;
- a Student Voice Feedback Form on Teaching & Learning, which has been trialled in Languages and other departments; and
- a petition has been launched to Brent Council for a lollipop lady on the Kenton Road crossing.
If any student has ideas on how to improve our school further, they should please speak with one of the Student Voice Prefects for their year group who will raise these ideas as appropriate.